Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My 1st Baby!

The sweet and most talented Brandie Mansfied tagged me! Brandie is a very talented artist and teacher. She is also wife to Mike and mom to Carter and Lauren. I just love her sweet family and am thankful she is my friend. :)

Me and My First Baby
Were you married at the time? Yes
What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were thrilled, but really nervous about losing another baby. We had prayed for Ella Claire and the Lord blessed us more than we ever imagined!
How old were you? 25
How did you find out you were pregnant? Multiple home pregnancy tests - Then, nurse Jennifer at Dr. McGowan's office (oh, I miss her!) She moved while I was pregnant with Ella Claire, but she will always be special to us.
Did you want to find out the gender? Yes, I couldn't wait. We found out in August of 2007. Bryan, Mom and Wes went with me. Then, we had a party to announce the big news to both families.
Due date: January 6, 2008
Did you deliver early or late? Early, December 23, 2007
Did you have morning sickness? Not too bad
What did you crave? everything, but the most unusual for me was sweets
Who irritated you the most? I don't really remember.
What was your first child’s gender? Girl
How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Around 45 or so. (Who's counting?)
Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes, I had preeclampsia. I also had complications after childbirth. It was scary!
Where did you give birth? Middle Tennessee Medical Center
How many hours were you in labor? around 11 - My water broke at home around 10:45 pm on 12/22 and I had Ella Claire at 10:04 am on 12/23.
Who drove you to the hospital? Bryan......but the entourage followed. (Wes in her car and Mom and Dad in theirs.)
Who watched? Bryan, Mom and Wesley Caroline
Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal
Medication? Yes!
How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs 3 oz
What did you name him/her? Eleanor Claire Matheny
How old is your first born today? 9 months

I am tagging Wesley, Lacey and Tara!!! Looking forward to reading yours!

No comments:

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!