Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1. I can take about 2 steps on my own now.
2. I absolutely adore my cousin Breelyn. She gets me so excited. (But I think she thinks I'm hers.) I kinda like that boy cousin Jaxsyn, too, but don't tell him. I get so jealous when my Daddy plays with him.
3. One of my favorite things to do is dance-dance-dance.
4. Mommy has to keep some sort of pants on me at all times because I like to take my diaper off. I think it's so funny. hehe I have managed to take my pants off too though. LOL
5. I have just started giving real kisses. Mommy says they are the BEST!
6. I love animals....especially cats and dogs.
7. Mommy can't keep me in shoes and clothes. I'm growing like a weed. She just bought some size 18 month clothes and a size 5 in shoes. (2 weeks ago I wore a size 3 shoe to the Autumn Street Fair)
8. I race to the stairs every time Mommy and Daddy look away. When they notice me and tell me no....I smile because I know I am faster than those ole geezers. :) (Mommy says she is glad our new house doesn't have stairs.)
9. I am paying more and more attention to the TV and my videos. I really like watching Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse with my Daddy.
10. I love to shake my head "No No." I've heard it so much lately.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
more at the petting zoo
Daddy and Ella Claire on the hayride.
Waiting for the bonfire
She found the perfect one. :)
We visited the Pumpkin Patch on Monday night with our church. (We really appreciate Central taking a group every year. It's such a fun activity and great time for fellowship with friends.) We had so much fun. Ella Claire had fun at the petting zoo, but didn't like it when the animals got loud. LOL She was amazed by the bonfire. She also seemed to really enjoy the hayride, but she had the most fun picking out her little pumpkin.
We can't wait for next year already.
Friday, October 10, 2008
My Granny is 78 years old today. Wes and I gave her the nickname Ruthie years ago. She hated it at first, but I think it's grown on her. She at least answers when we call her that now. LOL She is the absolute best. She is such a source of support in our family. I don't know what I would do without her. When I lived in Nashville (for 4 years) there wasn't a week that went by that she didn't send me a card or letter. Sometimes I would get 2 in the same week. I still have most of them. :) She is a wonderful cook and gardener, but she is an even better mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Some of my fondest memories growing up are with Granny and Grandad and I still continue to talk to her daily. She doesn't read my blog unless Mel or NiNi show her the newest pictures/videos of Ella Claire. However, I'm hoping that they tell her that I made a special note on here of how blessed I am to have her as my "Ruthie." When I count my blessings.....I count her twice. :)
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- I can say 3 words, "ma ma," "da da" and "bye bye."
- I have 6 teeth now. (3 top and 3 bottom)
- My favorite toys are cords, lamps, coasters and blinds. (Anything I'm not supposed to have.)
- I'm a girly girl! I have an eye for jewelry. If someone has it on...I want it.
- I'm really wanting to walk. If I can just figure this balance thing out.
- I'm a Daddy's girl and he loves it!
- I like table food, but my Daddy is so nervous about giving it to me. I'm a good eater, but my favorites are mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, bananas, peaches and crackers.
- I usually sleep from 8:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- I love to dance. Daddy turns on the music channel and I can bust a move.
Me and My First Baby
Were you married at the time? Yes
What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were thrilled, but really nervous about losing another baby. We had prayed for Ella Claire and the Lord blessed us more than we ever imagined!
How old were you? 25
How did you find out you were pregnant? Multiple home pregnancy tests - Then, nurse Jennifer at Dr. McGowan's office (oh, I miss her!) She moved while I was pregnant with Ella Claire, but she will always be special to us.
Did you want to find out the gender? Yes, I couldn't wait. We found out in August of 2007. Bryan, Mom and Wes went with me. Then, we had a party to announce the big news to both families.
Due date: January 6, 2008
Did you deliver early or late? Early, December 23, 2007
Did you have morning sickness? Not too bad
What did you crave? everything, but the most unusual for me was sweets
Who irritated you the most? I don't really remember.
What was your first child’s gender? Girl
How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Around 45 or so. (Who's counting?)
Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes, I had preeclampsia. I also had complications after childbirth. It was scary!
Where did you give birth? Middle Tennessee Medical Center
How many hours were you in labor? around 11 - My water broke at home around 10:45 pm on 12/22 and I had Ella Claire at 10:04 am on 12/23.
Who drove you to the hospital? Bryan......but the entourage followed. (Wes in her car and Mom and Dad in theirs.)
Who watched? Bryan, Mom and Wesley Caroline
Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal
How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs 3 oz
What did you name him/her? Eleanor Claire Matheny
How old is your first born today? 9 months
I am tagging Wesley, Lacey and Tara!!! Looking forward to reading yours!
I am way behind.
My first award! :)
I was given this award by my sweet friends Brandie Mansfield (Dream Custom Artwork) and Tiffany Gannon. These ladies are two of the sweetest women around. Thanks for thinking of me. Check out both of their blogs in my favorites.
These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back to the award's creator 2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
Must love one another
Must make mistakes
Must learn from others
Must be a positive contributor to blog world
Must love life
Must love kids
I nominate: Wesley Hillis, Hannah Gribble, Brandi Holden, Tanya Houston, Paige Entrekin and Marian Norris
Add this to your site
Links I Love
- A Conservative's Conscience
- Ashley Freeman
- Ashley's Attic
- Bethany Tramel Photography
- Caroline and Hannah
- Cheryl and Blissful Moments
- Cookies By Paula
- Craven 5
- Dawn Winton
- Debbie Haley
- Dream Custom Artwork
- Ford Fairchild Photography
- Lauren Patterson
- Marlee Pies Bowtique
- Ms. Patty
- Paula B
- Riemake Boutique
- Sew Sweet
- Susan Burks
- Susan Grandey
- Sweet Baby Aubrey - The Oleksiks
- Sweet Memories
- Tabetha Sullens
- The Adcock Family
- The Andersons
- The Boyd Family
- The Cummins Family
- The Elrod Family
- The Fuston Family
- The Gannons
- The Higgins
- The Houstons
- The Jones Family
- The King Family - Cousin Ava
- The King Family - Cousins Taiah & Lydia
- The King Family - Jax
- The Miller Family
- The Mullican Family
- The Norris Family
- The Rigsby Family
- The Sliger Family
- The Trendy Spot
- The Trendy Spot Blog
- The West Family
- The Williams Family
- Tiaras and Tadpoles
- Valued Embellishments
- Wes and Bree
- WillowBird Woods Art
- ► 2009 (65)
- ▼ October (12)
- The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!