Thursday, October 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home


We bought our first home today.
We are so excited. Before we were married Bryan and I went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. It really helped us focus financially and get on the same page. Granted, we've splurged and not always been as strict as we should have. For the past 3 1/2 years we have prepared for this day. I think one thing that makes this so rewarding is that WE have worked and saved so hard ourselves to get here. We do have our land also (that we love) and may still build sometime, but this is our new home for now! :)
I have to say I am also sad to leave where we live now. It's been our only home as a married couple and as a family. I moved in 2 months before we were married and Bryan moved in after the honeymoon. Our neighbors, who own the house, have been wonderful to us. It will always be special to us.....for so many reasons.
This morning we dropped Ella Claire off at the jail with Nanny while we ran to the bank to close. On the way there Bryan was holding my hand. I looked over at him and said, "I'm glad I'm doing this with you." After he laughed at me for being my typical sentimental self, he said, "me, too."
Bryan-You are my best friend and I'm so proud that my little free spirit has become such a saver. I love you and I look forward to making lots of memories in this house together. Thank you for all that you do for your girls. I am thrilled with our new house, but my home is wherever you and Ella Claire are.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and your new home is beautiful!

Tenara King said...

Congrats! It is so exciting to buy your first house. I loved it. It was finally something I could call "Ours". I am sure you and your family will make lots of memories there.

By the way.....I believe that Jax and Ella Claire would make a very cute couple. :) She is growing up to be a very adorable little girl....such a doll! Tell Bryan, Jax still talks about his 'Coach Bryan' (Jax's first coach ever) and t-ball.

Ashley said...

how sweet :)... you sound like me saying something like that.
I love it it is so cute, and congrats! Maybe jason and i need to go to that class :).
So when do i need to bring my paint brushes :) j/k

Brooke Hyde said...

Congratulation Lindsey! It's great to see you and Brian are doing well. You have a beautiful family and new home.
Ella Claire is definitely a cutie.
Brooke

Kirby Williams said...

Congrats Lindsey I am so happy for you all. I know you all have been waiting for this day for a long time and I am so glad that you all are happy. Tell Ella Claire I said hi. Love ya.

Brandi Holden said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and Bryan. Your new house is beautiful. Congrats again to you, Bryan and Ella Claire.

tiffany s said...

Congratulations to the Matheny family! The house is beautiful! I remember you guys almost bought a house by me but good thing ya'll didn't because of the low-income housing and apartments behind the subdivision. If I knew about it, I would NOT have bought my house but maybe we will move out one day.
Ella Claire is so cute! She looks like you! Take care!

Marian said...

Hey! Congratulations! That's so great. :)

Sorry I haven't had a chance to e-mail you back yet. Today is the first day I haven't been on the road to Nashville since last weekend. I'm glad everything went well. Let me know if you need any help moving or something (like I'd be a whole lot of help anyway). But I could watch Ella for you or something!

Take care!

Kristen said...

congrats! i know it feels so good to be able to call somewhere "ours"!

Tiffany Gannon said...

Congrats Matheny family..I am so excited for you. Your new home looks perfect!!

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

Congrats to you guys! What an accomplishment. Josh and I have been on the Dave Ramsey plan too for going on 3 years and have made lots of goals. We are putting our house up for sale today since we will be needing a "roomier" one... wish us luck! :)

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!