Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 78th Birthday, Ruthie!!

Happy Birthday, Granny!


My Granny is 78 years old today. Wes and I gave her the nickname Ruthie years ago. She hated it at first, but I think it's grown on her. She at least answers when we call her that now. LOL She is the absolute best. She is such a source of support in our family. I don't know what I would do without her. When I lived in Nashville (for 4 years) there wasn't a week that went by that she didn't send me a card or letter. Sometimes I would get 2 in the same week. I still have most of them. :) She is a wonderful cook and gardener, but she is an even better mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Some of my fondest memories growing up are with Granny and Grandad and I still continue to talk to her daily. She doesn't read my blog unless Mel or NiNi show her the newest pictures/videos of Ella Claire. However, I'm hoping that they tell her that I made a special note on here of how blessed I am to have her as my "Ruthie." When I count my blessings.....I count her twice. :)

No comments:

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!