Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fireproof


I have been so excited about this movie. We have Netflix and I have had it ready for weeks to arrive today (the release date). I actually saw Kirk Cameron on The Today Show awhile back promoting this movie. I knew I wanted to see it then. The movie sparked my attention (all of the actors were volunteers and didn't get paid), but the way he talked about his wife made me even more curious. Watch it here http://www.truveo.com/Kirk-Cameron-on-family-new-film/id/2608208132 You just don't find that in Hollywood much.

Anyway, Bryan and I watched it tonight (and we're buying it). It's a great movie. I recommend it to those who are married (even if you have a good marriage) and even to those who aren't married, but one day may be married. Let me know what you thought about the movie.

So, my next post will be about marriage and what I've learned about being married so far. :) I'm sure Bryan will be curious about this one. LOL

5 comments:

Hannah said...

The movie is based on a book (which is also great!). And "The Love Dare" is a real book also.

Danielle said...

I keep hearing so much about this movie. I guess I am going to have to rent it. Sounds like Steve and I need to watch it.

Lindsey, I know that I don't know you to well, but I think you are a wonderful person and role model. I would have never guessed that you worry what others think. You always seem so positive. I enjoy reading your blog, and wanted you to know you are an inspiration to me!

Bethany said...

Lindsey..I love getting on and reading your blog..I loved this movie and saw it in theaters..It was so powerful..I love what u are doing with your blog and all that you are saying. Ella and Bryan are so blessed to have such a wonderful Christian mother and wife..

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

I rented it last night and are going to try and watch it tonight. That is if I make it past the time Trence goes to bed. He is starting to go to bed late now!

Trendy Spot Boutique said...

I have been waiting on this one for a while now... I have watched the movies put out by this little film company over the last few years and they are all good Christian based movies and worth buying for your friends and family... our church will be having a viewing I believe the 8th of February along with some special speakers.
I did watch it Tuesday night and really thought they did a good job on presenting some of the challenges married couples face trying to have a marriage without Christ as the center...
We also have the Love Dare book and it's Wonderful too!
Jennifer

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!