Monday, January 26, 2009

Do you know who you are?

The LORD says..."I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

--Isaiah 43:1





I've struggled for a long time with posting things about my faith on this blog. I haven't wanted to offend anyone or push my beliefs. However, I'm at the point in my life and walk where it's more important to me to share this. I struggle with confidence and wanting to please others. It's my nature to need approval. I work with young girls on a daily basis who also battle with this. Many of them struggle with self image and knowing who they are. Building self esteem starts at home. I know this and I work with my families on this. Tonight I wonder...what will I do that will impact my daughter's self worth. My actions, my words, my example influences her even at 13 months. My prayer is that God will guide me while helping to shape this precious little girl.

One more thought for today. Relationships are so important to us. I love my friends. In fact, I recently have reconnected with some of my dearest friends in the world. I simply adore my husband and family means the world to me. But, why do we let relationships with other people take precedence over a relationship with God. I'm guilty of this, but it's foolish to expect other people to supply what only God can.

I'm a little nervous about admitting my struggles and flawdness to the world. I'm learning lessons about myself that I want Ella Claire to learn much earlier in her life. I'm inpatient. I'm selfish. I'm too sensitive at times. I worry too much and sweat the small stuff. I'm not always as kind as I should be. I'm but I am HIS. (and I'm working on the rest. )

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE This Post and I am SO SO happy for Ella to have you as her mom. It's no wonder at all why God put her in your hands to raise- because you in turn, have put her in his hands. You are a very inspiring person!

Kandice said...

tara said it right! i was definitely not in the right path before I got married. I think God that he sent Jerry too me to open my eye and shine the light towards the right road. I have my family, friends, husband and God to thank for that. I myself, have plenty of flaws. One of self-image(because I know i'll never get that "pre-marriase" {hehe} body back) until I realized there is alot to outside beauty. But the most important is on the inside and you have that right on the dot! Everybodys beautiful in their own way. but it takes alot to be beautiful on the inside and out. -GREAT POST!

p.s I went to the doctor and I have bronchitis:( (i'm not sure if i spelt that right if not whoever reads this please refer back to my "just be yourself" post) hopefully i'll be better soon!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!