Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time flies.....

Us at Bryan's high school graduation. (10 years ago)
Five years ago today Bryan and I went on our 1st date for the second time. You might ask what exactly do I mean. Well, we dated for a short time in high school, but let's just say that I wasn't as smart as Bryan back then. I'm a little "slow" and it took me a little longer to get my act together and decide what I wanted. Bryan may kill me for saying this, but I think it's so sweet that he's always told me he knew how much he loved me even then.
We went to separate colleges and dated other people. I know my parents are very thankful that I didn't marry one of the jerks I dated in college. LOL I came home in July of 2003 from finishing my degree at Lipscomb. Bryan was working at Wal-Mart full time while going to school full time at Tennessee Tech. I saw him at work one day and just knew that.....no one compared to Bryan. Needless to say I've been his since the day he told me "there has never been another." He is still the best person I know. He is my best friend, a wonderful husband and the absolute BEST FATHER I HAVE EVER MET.
Anyway, our first date was August 30th, 2003 the wedding of Chad and Tara Young.
(Happy Anniversary, guys and congrats on baby #2 who is on the way!) We also got engaged on August 30th, 2004. So, we celebrated 5 years by going to another wedding. Congrats Jeff and Courtney. We decided we have to go to any wedding that we're invited to on August 30th.
I love you, B. Thank you for last 5 years. It's still such an honor to share my life (and now my child) with you. ~L
August 30th is also a special person's birthday, my oldest friend.
Happy Birthday, Lyndsey Lora Cook....aka Aunt Weezer!
PS...I've tried to correct the spacing of this post, but blogger is not cooperating tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy, it just doesn't seem like that long ago!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!