Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


I know everyone says that they have the best father in the WORLD, but Ella Claire really does. I could try to make a list of all the wonderful things about Bryan, but it would never end.


When we were in our childbirth class they recommended that fathers try and spend at least 15 minutes a day with their children. It was stated that statistics show that children will be happier....along with several other things....from 15 minutes a day spent with their father. Ok....maybe 15 minutes is alot to some dads, but Bryan wouldn't know what to do if that was all he had with Ella Claire. I know that we're lucky because Bryan's job allows him to be home alot with us, but I also know that Bryan does things because he wants to and that he always puts Ella Claire and myself first.


Everyday Bryan is the first to get up when he hears Ella Claire awake. I just stopped nursing her, but he used bring her to me to nurse. Now, he normally gives her the 1st bottle in the morning. So, I can try and catch up on some sleep that I missed the past 6 months. While I was nursing he felt that it was really important that he and Ella have their time together. He wanted it to be bath and bed time. So, our routine is that most nights Bryan does the 4 Bs with Ella Claire also: Bath, Bedtime book/prayer, Bottle and Bed. Since he's off all summer Ella stays with him while I make home visits with my kids during the summer months. He does everything that I do...EVERYDAY. My family even jokes about how protective of her he is, but Bryan wouldn't dream of it being any other way.
I knew Bryan would be a wonderful father because of who he is, but he even surprised me. He talks about wanting to go play golf, but hasn't even once since she has been born. He says he can't wait for her to be old enough to just go with him. He quit coaching because he said he would rather be spending that time with Ella Claire. He just really enjoys being with his daughter. As much as he enjoys it....I know Ella Claire will be the one to reap the benefits from his actions. He helps me so much around the house and he's a wonderful cook. Not to mention the emotional support that he is to me. He's my best friend and I truly love talking and spending time with him.

Thank you, Bryan, for being all I could ever want or ask for. I appreciate you and we love you more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ella is the cutest little girl I have ever seen, seriously!!! :)

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!