Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy 1/2 Birthday Sweet Girl

My Ella Claire is 6 months old day!
We adore our princess.

I had no idea when others told me to "hold on because the first year flies by" that it would actually go so fast. We're just half way there, but it has literally flown by.
Since she is basically a Christmas baby Bryan and I have promised to make her birthdays and"half birthdays" extra special. I think because she'll always get gypedthat she deserves to celebrate twice a year, don't you? I hate that she'll always be out of school on her day and that means cupcakes and such at school will never be on her actual birthday. Plus, parties will be hard that close to Christmas with lots of traveling going on those days. Not to mention the birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper and "oh, here is your birthday/Christmas present". I vow to never do those things to her. :) I've heard awful stories about December birthdays, but I didn't plan it this way. She's the one who decided to make her appearance when she did. We had actually just gotten home from a family Christmas party when my water broke while laying in bed. My aunt Mel said she just couldn't wait until next year for Christmas presents.
Anyway, for her 1st "1/2 birthday" we are taking her little toesies to experience the sand and ocean!
Ella Claire, I know what a gift from God you are and I appreciate every minute I am given with you. You have already given me more than I could ever hope to give you.
I love you to the moon and back.
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Tenara King said...

Time does fly by.....She is so cute! I think there is always something wrong (to someone) with having a birthday in any month. Jax's is in Feb. So is mine. I never had a friends party because it snowed it out every year. I mean EVERY year! She will get over the parties....just don't do the birthday/christmas present. That would be the worst! :) Hope ya'll have a great vacation!

Marian said...

December babies do get gyped! Adie's only had one birthday, but she got several birthday/Christmas presents. I'm sure it's worse when their birthday is even closer to Christmas (Jason has always complained about it - his is four days after Adie's).

I promise, the days will only speed up from here on out. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were having her birthday party - and she'll be two in less than six months now!

She's a doll, Lindsey. You have every reason in the world to be proud of her.

Have fun at the beach!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!