Friday, May 2, 2008

My parents

My parents will be married 27 years next month. I have been thinking alot about them lately and I wanted to do something to let them know how proud of them I am. They have been together since they were freshman in high school. They were married the summer before their senior year and started out literally with nothing but each other. I love to hear my Granny Hillis tell me the story about how my mom is the only girl my daddy was ever really interested in and how he would hide under the bed to talk on the phone with her.



My dad is one of the hardest working people I know, but as he is getting older we are absolutley loving getting to see the softer side of him. He is the greatest "Bim" the girls could ask for. He worked all night Thursday night. Then he spent his day today fixing things (his car, my car, mom's dishwasher), working in the yard, going to McDonald's and a T-ball ballgame (all on only 2 hours of sleep). My mom started her day a 3:00 a.m. and drove my grandparents to Alabama and back (11 hours) to be with my aunt and uncle at a funeral. Of couse, she had to be back for Bree and Bryan's 2nd T-ball game. LOL Family is always 1st to her. She teaches at the high school, coaches cheerleading, teaches Bible class, volunteers for other clubs and organizations, cooks at least 5 or 6 nights a week, does all the laundry, cleans the house, plays with grandbabies and spends time with us every week. She NEVER stops.



I guess since I've become a parent I appreciate mine more. I am beginning to understand how hard this job really is. My parents taught me one of the most important lessons.....by their example. My parents are so important to me and I could never express to them how thankful I am for all that they do for us.



Thank you for being there and for showing us what "for better or worse" means. So...Mom and Dad.....Gran and Bim, we love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!