Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My sweet niece


Funny story from Monday afternoon. Life through Bree's eyes.

I love my niece Bree so much. She is really special to me. I remember saying at one point (before Ella) that I didn't want to have girls because I was afraid Bree wouldn't feel as special to me anymore. Now, I love having a girl too and hope they are the best of friends. I still try really hard to let her know how much I love her. I hope we are always close.....just as I hope her and Ella Claire are.

Anyway, Monday after I got back from Cookeville I decided to lay Ella Claire down for her nap at Wesley's and went to lay down with Breelyn in her bed. Wes was in the other room picking up. Bree has this thing about playing with someone's hair while she is going to sleep. So, we were laying there..talking....and singing songs. All of the sudden she looked over at me and brushed my face with her hand and said,"Sissy, you are so booty-ful!" Talk about melting my heart. We kept talking and a few minutes later she looked over brushed my face again and said "You're so nice and per-ty." And, yes, she has quite the southern drawl.

Once she finally went to sleep all I could think about was the Bible verse that talks about us being called to be like little children. I love how they are so sweet and honest.....saying exactly what they are thinking. Bree is so polite (always saying please and thank you). I want to be more like her!!

Wes ended up taking our picture while asleep in Bree's bed. I'll try and post it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

As I was reading this, I was thinking about Ben's Aunt Andi. She was the same way w/ Ben before Blayton. She loves her Tuggie! She even taught him to say Fart! Now he says it in church and I could kill her! lol

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!