Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My big girl!


Here are some pictures of my big girl.


She has really just started taking a bottle and she wants to hold it on her own.


Ella's 1st night in her bed

Thanks, Aunt Weezer, for the PJs. I think they were our good luck charm!



Bree and Ella on Monday.



This is how we found her in her bed Tuesday morning!




Meeting great great Aunt Clara


Church tonight


Ella Claire has had such a good week. Since the day she was born (it seems like anyway) she had colic. It was alot harder than I thought it would be. To my friends who have had babies with colic, Marian and Leslie, I don't know what I would have done with out you. :) Ella has been getting much better though. She can still be pretty high maintanence at times (lol), but this week has been filled with exciting stuff.



Monday Aunt Nini and Granny kept her for the first time. Monday night was Ella Claire's 1st night in her big bed! Bryan rocks her to sleep everynight. It's kinda their time together. He got her to sleep around 9:00 and then around 11:00 I took her downstairs to her bed. I thought if I get 2 hours in her bed.....I'll be happy. She slept till 8:00 am in her own bed....the very 1st night we tried! Then, Tuesday night around 8:00 we fed her and put her in her own bed and she got herself to sleep and slept nine hours in her own bed. I AM SO PROUD OF HER! Especially since she has screamed everytime we have put her in her bed. I have always said that I didn't want my kids to sleep with us. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that. I just knew it wasn't for me. Then, when Ella Claire came along, between the colic and us spoiling her, that is exactly where she has been. (Poor Bryan is having such a hard time with her going to her bed. He keeps asking to go get her. He says she has slept with him everynight of her life and he doesn't want her to think he's not there to protect her. So, we've decided that since I have the bonding time nursing. He'll still be the one to put her down IN HER BED at night. He's the best daddy!) I have also been working on getting her on a schedule. So, if anyone has any advice please let me know.

1 comment:

Mylie and Me said...

L,
My best advice about a schedule is this:
Not all the answers are in a book, believe me, I wish they were. I read everything I possibly could about schedules. I took a little from each idea and created our own. If you go in a certain order with things, you and Ella will know what to expect next. Thats the nice part. Don't be afraid though if say she is hungry 15 mins before "the schedule" allows. Next time it may be 30 mins late. But, if you know its close to time to eat and she gets fussy, you know she is probably hungry. Same for naps. What I am trying to say is that it is easy to become a slave to the clock. It can be consuming. The only other advice, set a bedtime routine now that does not include her getting milk to go to sleep at night. Sounds like you have developed a night routine somewhat. But, having to have a bottle or breast to go to sleep is a hard one we almost developed. Plus, when it comes time to brush those little teeth you don't want to have to wake her up. Anyway, the last thing, You can never spoil an infant (that's what I always told my self tee hee!). They need your love and affection every moment you can give it to them so, hug her tight!

We co slept for the first few months of Mylie's life and I enjoyed every minute of it. Now, when she is ready to go to bed, she doesn't want to lay down with us, she prefers her own bed. She will snuggle when she wakes up though! Its the best.

Best of luck!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!