Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Birthday Week at our House!!!!!

Ella Claire around a month old

Ella Claire will be 1 in one week. Since it's so close to Christmas we are having "birthday week." I'm going to give her a present everyday until Monday (when we are having her birthday party). Then, Tuesday on her actual birthday we are going to just have a fun play day with her to celebrate. Then....our Christmas festivities start on Wednesday. She's not going to know that to think after the next two weeks. LOL



I'm also going to post special things about her everyday this week. Stay tuned for lots of pictures and birthday stories. :)








Post #1 about Ella Claire:

January - Ella Claire was very demanding from day one. She cried a lot and colic set in early. We thought we would never survive those early weeks and months. I really think God was trying to teach me patience. He succeeded.....somewhat! :) Anyone who has survived true colic knows what I'm talking about. She was worth every hour....or day.... that we didn't sleep, every nervous break down LOL, and round the clock nursing and pumping sessions. Yes, on top of colic.....we had trouble nursing, but I was determined and we made IT. :)



Some notes I made in December/January (I'm saving her birth story until next Tuesday): We came home on Christmas eve.......after some heavy pleading at the hospital. We actually stayed 3 nights with Gran and Bim before going to our home. Bryan helped finger feed her (like a little puppy due to nursing issues) for a few days after we came home. It was so sweet!....Ella Claire was way over birth weight in only a week. Pa Jackie was preaching at Cornerstone then...They had "Ella Claire Matheny Day" on Jan 13th. Ella Claire made her 1st Warren County Wrestling appearance in Jan. 15th. She slept 6 hours straight before she was a month old....only once though. They gave us the..."it's definitely colic," spill on Jan. 18th. She slept with us back then.....when she slept!!!!





My baby girl is almost O-N-E!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you with what you went through. we had to do the finger feedings too and some family members thought we were crazy for it but we stuck to it and made it through. I almost forgot all about the whole colic experience.I as lucky though it lasted only 4 hours a night. I think I cried right along with Carter every evening from 5-9. I can't believe Ella is already about to be 1. you are making the whole experience so sweet. i love the idea of Birthday week :)

Also, I am loving the picture of the 3 of you on the side. She is grinning so big :)

Kandice said...

How sweet. She's gorgeous, and she's very lucky to have a wonderful role model and mother such as yourself.

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!