Thursday, July 3, 2008

My gifted child!


Well, Ella Claire's 1st tooth came through today. We knew while we were on vacation that her mouth was bothering her. She had been drooling and chewing on everything for awhile now. We just weren't sure when it would actually break through.
We had her 6 months pictures made this afternoon and she just happened to look up at me with a big gummy smile and I saw it for the 1st time.
She also said mama for the 1st time last Wednesday. I had heard her and thought to myself there is no way, but we were at Bryan's parents house and Katie heard her. Then on our trip Aunt Wes couldn't believe it either, but Ella Claire showed off for her too.
Last night at church Ella Claire was sitting in Gran's lap and said da da. I just brushed it off, but my mom said, "she just said da da!" I forgot to tell Bryan last night, but when he went to get her this morning from her room she said it again. He came running upstairs to tell me.
I'm so proud! I think she's gifted. LOL
No, really I was talking in sentences by the time I was one. Ella Claire doesn't say either one consistently and she may just be mimicking what she hears, but it sure makes us feel good.

1 comment:

Tenara King said...

How sweet! I just love this stage of children. They are so innocent and precious. I remember Jax's first words and learning how to talk. His first word was BALL!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!