Friday, July 25, 2008

Hooray for mother-in-laws!

What an awful week I've had. Bryan still has kidney stones. He went to his doctor on Wednesday and the doc seemed pretty concerned and wanted him to go to Murfreesboro that afternoon. The Dr. told Bryan that he should have already passed them and put him on morphine for pain (since his pain meds haven't been helping him), an antibiotic and phenegrin. They couldn't see us in Murfreesboro until the next afternoon. So, on Thursday the urologist told Bryan that his stone is not shaped liked most kidney stones and that he only has a 20% chance of passing it. He said that he could go ahead and have the surgery on Friday, but more than likely they would have to put a stint in his kidney during the surgery. Bryan decided to come home one more time and try to pass it on his own. If he hasn't passed it by Tuesday, he has to go for the surgery anyway (probably on Wednesday). I'm praying that he passes it before Tuesday, but I'm really just ready for this to be over with one way or another. I had no idea that kidney stones were this big of a deal.


Another major stressor this week has been childcare. Keep in mind that Ella Claire has only stayed with my mom or Wes (on my side) or Bryan's mom or sister (on his side) for a couple of hours here and there. (Edit....Nini and Granny Mac kept her once while I was at my meeting in Cookeville.) My point is....Bryan or myself have usually been with her. We haven't been away from Ella Claire, but a handful of times. We feel guilty about leaving her with anyone else and really just don't want to miss a minute with her if we don't have to. I'm really lucky that I get to make my own schedule and have lots of flexibility with my job. However, Monday mornings I have a meeting in Cookeville that lasts around an hour or so. Bryan and I (and Aunt Wes) have been able to keep Ella Claire with us since she was born, but now that school is about to start back. I'm going to need some help with Ella Claire at least on Mondays. I thought I was going to start Ella Claire in a small daycare a couple of days a week (for my meetings and school visits) but after one horrible week. I'll spare you all the details, but let me just say...... I have had arguments (with family members and non family members), nightmares and crying spells about this matter. Nothing is set in stone yet, but my MIL is a GODSEND (and if she's reading this.....Aunt Veronica is too.)

Update on Ella Claire- She turned 7 months on Wednesday. Where has the time gone? I've been busy brainstorming for her 1st birthday and buying fall/winter clothes. I can't believe I'm buying 12 month stuff.

SHE'S CRAWLING! She shows minimal interest in sitting up. I think because she's too nosey. She can when she wants to, but she'd much rather be getting into everything which she can't do if she's stationary.

SHE'S A WATER BABY! We've finished week 1 of swimming lessons and she loves them. She hasn't cried the first time (not even after having her face dunked in the water).

I'll try and post some updated pictures soon.

3 comments:

Marian said...

Hey Lindsey,

I'm sorry to hear that Bryan is having such a rough time (and you, too).

I wish I could help you with childcare, but we're in the same boat. My mom is the only person who has kept Adie (ever). We don't have anyone else. And now my mom is saying that she's going to be gone the whole month of January - when I'm 8 months pregnant and we're in school four nights a week. I have no idea what we're going to do either.

I hope things get better for you guys soon. Let me know if I can help at all. I'd be glad to in any way I can.

Take care,
Marian

Marian said...

p.s.

I love that new picture. It's adorable.

Tenara King said...

Thanks for the comment! Jax misses T-ball too! He still talks about going to play with his friends and coach. It breaks his heart when I tell him no game. I love the picture of Ella. She is so cute!!! Hope you have a better week!

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!