Saturday, January 9, 2010

A flash of many future conversations with my child....

I just had a conversation with Ella Claire while trying to get ready for her cousin's birthday party that went something like this...(keep in mind she just turned 2)

EC: "That not match, Momma!"
Me: "Yes, it does, Ella."
EC: "No, it ain't" (LOL)
Me: "Yes, it does, Ella Claire."
EC: "It matches? Okay."

A few minutes later, I pulled a pair of her shoes from her closet that she has never worn before and she stated, "Those don't fit, Momma."

Seriously, am I already having this conversation?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better when they turn 3, but it doesn't.....it's worse. Sometimes it takes us 20 minutes to get Marlee ready. On weekends, I let her dress herself. That's why we often don't match. I call it being independent!

Saylorsmom said...

Oh you have lots to look forward to! Saylor kills me with the clothes deal. Good luck.

Mariette said...

Super cute ;-)

Melody said...

This was just too funny and made me laugh out loud picturing that scene in my head.

Mystery lady said...

She is so adorable!

sunil kumar said...

Our strategic public relations programme includes development, planning and implementation of a sound communication strategy for our brands.

PR Agency in Gurgaon, PR Companies in Delhi, PR Firms in Gurgaon

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!