Tuesday, March 24, 2009

15 things about Ella Claire at 15 months

Ella Claire was 15 months yesterday. I meant to get this posted earlier, but had a very long 13 hour workday yesterday. Ella Claire had a very fun filled day with her Daddy though. Thanks, B, for taking off and doing pretty much everything on your own yesterday. Love you and you are a pretty awesome Dad! 

Can I just say that...... I AM LOVING THIS AGE!!!!!!! She is so much fun right now and her personality is showing so much more. Her smile and laugh is so infectious. 
  1. She loves being outside and playing basketball with her Daddy. She loves to help me load or in her case "unload" the dishwasher. 
  2. She loves to sing "The Wise Man." (actually she thinks the foolish man's part is more fun cause his house goes splat)
  3. She is starting to bite...just ask Bree.
  4. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the movie Enchanted.
  5. She has started not wanting to get out of the car when we get home. When we unbuckle her she says, "No" and shakes her head. 
  6. She loves to streak around the house. I don't know why I spend so much on clothes when she would much rather be in the buff. :)
  7. She is still drinking her milk from a bottle. She'll drink anything from a sippy cup but whole milk. HELP! We've tried every kind of cup and a few other things to entice her, but no luck.
  8. She has a little temper! I guess she got the best of both the Matheny and Hillis temper. She definitely has a mind of her own. My grandad says, "We're in for it." 
  9. She loves any kind of fruit. (but is otherwise a picky eater)
  10. She loves to look at all of her books.
  11. She just started wearing my shoes around the house. Sooo cute!
  12. She is climbing on everything. I can't turn my head for a second or she is on top of the breakfast table before I know it. 
  13. She is very independent and wants to do everything herself. She has also started playing and entertaining herself with her toys and books. It's so funny to watch. 
  14. She loves to give kisses. (I love when she gives kisses...even puppy dog kisses. She thinks licking us is hysterical.)
  15. She loves to jump while saying, "jump." She is saying a lot more....like cat, dog, Berkley (our dog), juice, jump, no, momma, daddy, gran, bree, pa, ball and so much more.  She jabbers in Swahili constantly! I think she is gifted. LOL 

We love you, baby girl. 

2 comments:

Candice said...

Aw she's so cute in those pictures below. My only recommendation on the sippy cup and Milk is cut it out cold turkey. I know that sounds harsh, but we did it with Ava and in a week she's was doing just fine. She's been drinking from a sippy cup for a couple months now. Just make sure she gets plenty of dairy in other forms like cheese and yogurt till she gets back to drinking milk regularly. Its really hard, and I creid much more about than Ava did, but you should do it now before she's old enough to go the the fridge and cry for a bottle. Good luck :)

Bryan Matheny said...

16.She is extremely stubborn! Just Like her momma.....

Be our friend......



________________
Add this to your site

About Me

My photo
The two most important things about me are that I am a wife to Bryan and mother to Ella Claire. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years. Bryan teaches at the alternative school in our hometown and coaches high school wrestling. I enjoy my job, which allows me to remain home with Ella Claire alot, but also help other children as well. I love spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading, watching movies, UT football, gardening and stamping. I love my life!